Monday, July 14, 2008

Up, up and away!

So today marks the last full day my dear folks will be living in the UK. They've sold up and bought a place in the sun and opted to retire to Alicante in Southern Spain. Luckily for them they've negated the credit crunch and sold their house here as seemingly the amount of buyers drys up.

The removal men have come and are taking away all the bits and pieces from their combined 62 years of living and moving it to mainland Europe. Its no different time wise to get there than it does currently in the UK but this move does feel different. Me and my bro are left on the island whilst they'll be on the big land mass, learning a new language, way of life and culture. I did feel a bit sorry for myself but I can't blather on, as a friend pointed out, some folk don't have their parents around to spend time with. And we get the benefit of trekking to the sun to enjoy their company!

So best foot forward, good luck to them and a big pat on the back for having the courage to go and do something new and adventurous! I guess its weird to think its them moving and not us. But they'll survive and I look forward to going over, seeing them, running in the lovely surroundings such as San Juan Beach and catching up in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment