Thursday, May 21, 2009

Schools out for summer!

Finished the last of my assessed work yesterday and am now heading down the slope of finishing my thesis and starting the first tentative steps of a new chapter in my career. I've got to spend the summer juggling earning enough money to make ends meet and gaining useful experience with ensuring I do the thesis justice.

Some reflection over the bank holiday will help no end. As ever, I'm spending one of those days on the South Downs, walking in what I think as one of the most beautiful parts of the country.

On the work front I'm now convinced I've got something unique to give. 10 years of IT and web experience, I know what does and doesn't work in promoting business and brands. I've been asked to look at developing 3 websites in the last week too! Marry to that my skills learnt with training for running and Sport Psychology in the last year and I'm looking forward to working face to face with individuals.

Having been back in the books though, I've taken my eye off the ball, and the online world has moved on apace. It's now up to me to keep up! I've got to collate my web presence into a nice site, like my good friends at smarterfitter, which I'll do over the next few months. My sporting and uni colleagues are even further behind though and not out there utilising what the web has to offer in showcasing their talents and getting prospective work. I'm convinced I can improve this though.

I've finally succumbed to Twitter having spoken to some devotees in the last few weeks. You can follow me at Juan_Nossomvos if you tweet. Having got bored and restless with web, i'm now seeing it differently and realising its not so bad after all! Dammit, I'll be getting an i-phone next!
If you're interested in either getting assistance with health matters relating to your fitness, or in need of web consultancy on usability issues, or getting a simple web presence, then get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment