Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 33 for FLM 2009

After the concern of yesterday, tonight I went out in cold, blizzardy conditions with the club. Myself and 2 others ran the 11 mile route from the clubhouse to Tower bridge and back. Had no fear about going out and was chatting all the way to the bridge at a steady pace. Coming back the confidence flowed once we got past Limehouse basin and was going along the Regents Canal I put the pedal to the metal and pushed on, upping the pace.

Tony stayed with me but I wasn't going to be overtaken. With about 3 miles to go I wondered if I could keep the pace up. As I ran, I could hear his footsteps getting nearer behind me. To keep the same distance ahead I had to push harder. In the last mile I got to a point where I knew I had it in the bag. I could last all the way and go even faster. This bodes well for the Brighton half in a fortnight. One or two more long runs and I'll be well prepped. Oh yes! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment