Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Days 87 to 89 for FLM 2009

Ah no! bummer - I've got a tickly little sniffle. little bit of a sore throat, little bit of a cold. Certainly nothing to make me bed bound but just enough to make running uncomfortable.

First felt something on Easter Sunday when I did my last longer run (13 miles) with running club. Funnily enough, nearly all the club runners have come down with a little lurgy in the last week since beginning to taper. I guess the body is relieved to not being so hard pushed. I haven't looked online but there must a physiological answer out there.

It wasn't so bad, but the following morning I felt poor. Since then I've picked up and I'm upping fruit levels, and from now on, watching myself. Booze is off the menu till race day, and an application of vicks on my chest every night should clear this within a day.

Last night was tough. Our last session at the track before the big day. I pushed it hard and felt ok afterwards. Though on the second of the 5 x 1200 metres we did, I felt rough. Its best to fight these things head on I reckon and not one to complain, a rest day from running today will help. My final VO2 max test this friday awaits. Can't wait to see how I've done. It should, I hope provide the final set of data for me to tailor the speed at which I'll run the marathon. Then I can just enjoy the day in the knowledge I'm not going to expire too soon!

Gesundheit to all! s x

Stats

Sunday: 13.1 miles, in 1:45. Only 7 minutes outside PB for Half marathon distance!
Monday: 3.5 miles. A very slow loosener - in 35 minutes.
Tuesday: Track, 5 x 1200 reps (minute recovery), 2 x 300 sprint.

Music wise, been listening to the new Phoenix album, Benji B 1 xtra show, and loving Floating Points 'Vacuum'. Oh and Doves remixes for their new single.

No comments:

Post a Comment