Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 15 for FLM 2009

So tonight went down to my running club and had the choice of a 6 mile run or a 10. I was erring towards 6 when I was frogmarched into the 10 mile group. The speedy set ran off into the distance but Ben and I just ran at our own pace about a minute or so behind them. Felt stronger and more able tonight and he and I spurred each other on. Turned out we were doing about 8 minute miles and finished in about 1 hour 25 minutes.

Was very happy about this as subsequently found out it was actually 10.7 miles! A fantastic route that went down to Limehouse basin and on through Wapping to Tower Bridge. Through Tobacco dock theres a series of canals that you can run alongside so a most of this route was off road.

Unsurprisingly, slept very soundly after this run and today got to crack on with a lot of Sport Psychology case notes write ups and dissertation preparation.

I need to write the food diary more and liaise with the 2 sets of nutritionists I'm aligning myself with. Not looking for a Hollywood style macrobiotic-egg-white-only-omelette routine but just clear pointers on whether I'm filling myself up with the right amount and type of fuel!

As Ben asked me last night, are you eating more? and the answer has to be yes! I'm sneaking the odd bit of extra chocolate I wouldn't have previously and my cravings are increasing. Its changed too since I've moreorless quit drinking. So food has become my only vice! So a complete list of what I had yesterday is presented thus!

Distances: 10.65 miles
How did it feel?: Very comfortable. Steady most of the way, sprint finish.
Listening to?: None. Talked with Ben and Alfredo on our way.
Food Eaten:
Breakfast: bowl of cheerios, 2 slices toast with jam.
Lunch: 2 homemade burgers and salad
Dinner: 1 can tomato soup, 2 slices toast with butter, Mexican Chicken pie and salad.
Half a litre of Dr Pepper (I've no idea why I bought this as I'm not much of a fan!)
3 x cups of tea

No comments:

Post a Comment